Top Funny Halloween Costume Ideas With Images:Halloween is the day of utmost hilarity and fun for the people around the world. On this day, people go around putting on different kinds of costumes and do whatever they like. They just enjoy themselves to their heart’s content. The Halloween festival dates back to thousands of years, when the day was marked by the awakening of the dead and the evils to disrupt the human existence on earth. People used to put on different kinds of scary and weird Halloween costumes to mark the evil background of the festival. The main purpose of the scary and wicked costumes was to frighten the people and make fun of them. However, with the passage of time, the scary theme of Halloween was changed into some thing more interesting and exiting. Today, people put on different kinds of Halloween costumes to arouse and appreciation among the onlookers
Top Funny Halloween Costume Ideas With Images
Halloween is just a few weeks away, and that means it’s costume crunch time. If you don’t have a costume yet, you’ll want to purchase one. If you’re not sure what costume you’ll wear to this year’s Halloween party, we’ve rounded up awesome costumes you can choose from.
Here we have very best collection of Good Halloween Costumes Ideas which will definitely help you in enjoying Halloween and will help you in scary your friends and loved ones. Check out our scary costumes for Kids collection, these are some of very best we have also provided link from where you can buy them or ideas of how to make them at home…..Happy Halloween…..
Ever wonder why we celebrate Halloween or why we go trick-or-treating? Where did Halloween originate from and why do we wear costumes? Read the Halloween facts below to find out the answers to these and other questions. Also check out Vampire Facts and Pumpkin Facts for Kids.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Halloween is celebrated on October 31st.
- Halloween has also been called All Hallows Eve, Witches Night, Lamswool, Snap-Apple Night, Samhain and Summer’s End.
- Halloween has been associated with the ancient Roman festival of Pomona that celebrated the harvest goddess Pomona.
- Halloween has also been associated with the Celtic festival of Samhain or “Summer’s End.”
- During medieval times in Ireland and Scotland the Samhain festival was held at sunset on October 31st and lasted through daylight on November 1st. It marked the ending of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “dark season.”
- Some people believed that during Samhain a door was opened from the underworld and it let the spirits or ghosts into our world.
- People would put out food and drinks in front of their homes for the spirits and ghosts.
- During Samhain people would dress up in costumes to disguise themselves from the dead. They would often go from house to house enjoying each others food and drinks.
- Halloween was brought to the US from Irish and Scottish immigrants during the late 18th century to the early 19th century.
- Original trick-or-treaters received mostly fruits and nuts not candy.
- Trick-or treating became popular in the US in the 1930’s .
- 52% of trick-or-treaters prefer chocolate candy such as candy bars over hard candy such as lollipops.
- The word witch comes from the old saxton word “wica” meaning “wise one.”
- The first Jack O’ Lanterns were made out of turnips.
- In old Irish folk law Jack O’ Lanterns started with a farmer named Stingy Jack. When Stingy Jack died he was turned away from both heaven and hell. He was forced to roam the streets looking for a final resting place. For light he carved out a turnip and placed a lit piece of coal inside. He held it to light his way.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed in at 2,032 pounds on October 11, 2013.
- It is believed that if you see a spider on Halloween it is the spirit of a loved one watching over you.
- Magician Harry Houdini (1847-1926) died on Halloween night.
- The largest Halloween parade is held every Halloween in Greenwich Village located in Manhattan, New York
- Pumpkins were originally grown in Mexico.Pumpkins are not only orange but can grow to be blue, white or green.
- Black and orange are the colors of Halloween. It is believed that the orange color represents harvest and the Fall season. The black color represents death and darkness.
- In Mexico they celebrate Dias de los muertos or Day of the Dead on November 1st. It is a big celebration that honors family and friends who have passed away.
- In Hong Kong Halloween celebrations are known as Yue Lan meaning Festival of the Hungry Ghosts. During Yue Lan celebrations fires are lit and food and gifts are offered to angry ghosts looking for revenge.
- Did you know that over 90% of parents steal their children’s Halloween candy!
we hope you like our post on Top Funny Halloween Costume Ideas With Images. Do comment and share your ideas also and stay connected for more post on Happy Halloween Day……your comments are like motivation for us and they help us in writing more also if u want to share your pictures or ideas on Halloween feel free to send them also.If we like them we will be adding your ideas and images in our post and will show your unique and special Halloween ideas and images to all around the world ..thanks
You may also like our other post on Halloween